As of publication time, the Wheatland Music Organization (WMO) Board of Directors has not made a decision whether or not the fall festival will take place this year. As many readers are aware, the Wheatland Festival was cancelled in 2020 due to Covid-19. This year, the WMO Board has cancelled both the May Traditional Arts Festival and the summer Wheatland Music Camp, focusing their energies and resources on the September festival. In discussion with a board member, the main issues are the safety of festival attendees and whether enough people would attend to make it financially viable.
For those who regularly volunteer in the CACC Kitchen at the Wheatland Festival, check on CACC’s web page – www.caccmi.org – where we’ll post their decision as soon as it is conveyed to us.